Gator Dust - Never Weed Again!
Polymeric Stone Dust
is recommended for a variety of uses, including pool sides, patios,
foot paths, etc… Natural stones have to be installed on drainage bed systems:
maximum of 1" of sand or stone dust, plus a minimum of 5" of crushed stone.
- For joints ½ - 4"
- Prevents Weed Growth
- Prevents Ant Hills
- Prevents Erosion
- Ideal for natural stone patios and paths
- Natural Stone Finish (unlike cement joint)
- Compatible with all types of natural stones
The quantity required depends on the shape
and size of the natural stones as well as the width of the joints. 50 lbs of
this product will cover between 20 and 30 square feet if the joints are about 1"
to 2" wide and the natural stones are about 2" to 2-1/2" thick.
NEW PAVER JOB:
1. Install natural stones on crushed stone bedding that is well compacted.
2. Sweep Gator Dust Bond in between the natural stone joints.
3. Hit the natural stones with a rubber hammer; this will make Gator Dust settle
firmly into the joints by removing air pockets.
4. Sweep off all excess Gator Dust on the natural stone surface. Ensure that
Gator Dust lies 3mm (1/8") below the top of the paver (repeat step 3 if
5. Direct a fine mist of water in the air to dampen all the Gator Dust joints.
Dampen until there is water retention on joints surface (45 seconds).
6. Minimize or avoid, if possible, walking on the natural stones for 24 hours
after the installation of Gator Dust.
Dust Bond hardens like concrete and will crack if the crushed stone
base has movement.